Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
Exercise/Sport Course Part 1
DNS Exercise 1 – Surf Movement Training
August 2–4, 2019
- Introduction to the basic principles and concepts of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) and Surf Movement training
- Developmental Kinesiology Sequence – Integrated Stabilizing System of the Spine
– Demonstration/participation – Ipsilateral and Contralateral patterns – Centration – DNS Flow
- Learn a diverse range of bodyweight surf movement patterns inspired by disciplines such as capoeira, gymnastic, Pilates, Chinese martial arts, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, yoga, ginastica natural, and dancing
- Importance of Diaphragm function for stabilization and respiration
- We will explore drills, protocols, and exercises to enhance your:
– Mobility – Stability – Coordination – Strength – Surf Movement Flow
- DNS Assessment protocols for the Surf Athlete
- Review Surfing Biomechanics and the use of DNS Tests to identify specific inefficiencies of the integrated stabilizing system of the spine
- Review of common injury sites seen in the Surfer Athlete
- DNS Active Exercises Based on Developmental Positions and Surf Movement: modifications to train basic sport movements of Surfing
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Michael Rintala, D.C. is in private practice in San Diego, California specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation.
Dr. Rintala has been part of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour Sports Medicine Team since 2005. He is also a treating doctor for the World Surf League (WSL) and wide variety of other organizations ranging from Dance to Action Sports.
Dr. Rintala is an international instructor on Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) for the Prague School of Rehabilitation. He is a certified DNS Exercise Trainer and DNS Practitioner.
Dr. Rintala is also part of the USA Surfing Performance Committee helping Team USA prepare for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
Tim Brown, D.C.
Dr. Brown combines his own experience as a high level athlete along with 30 years of working with elite athletes in a variety of competition settings. Because of the unique “field of play” challenges he experienced with professional beach volleyball and surfing, Dr. Brown created functional treatment systems with movement, taping, and bracing techniques that focus on improving posture, core control/movement recovery, and rehabilitation.
-Part of the USA Surfing Performance Committee helping Team USA prepare for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
-Founding Medical Director of AVP
-Medical Director Northern Hemisphere, ASP/WCT
-1998 – American Chiropractor Association Council on Sports – Sports Chiropractor of the Year
Rodrigo B Perez
Rodrigo’s journey in the health and fitness industry started in 2001 when he completed a Bachelor of Exercise Science in Brazil. He worked as a personal trainer and swim/triathlon coach for several years in Brazil before moving to Australia over 10 years ago.
Rod is a yoga practitioner who has over 10 years of experience in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (brown belt), and he aims to achieve black belt in the near future. He also incorporates capoeira with surfing, which strongly influenced his coaching style and class design. In 2008, he opened his own fitness studio, Holistic Pro Health Performance (HPHP), following many years in the industry. Throughout his career, Rod has continued to develop his professional skills and participated in training courses such as C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 1 (Corrective High-Performance Exercise Kinesiology); Advanced Diploma of Sports (Support Athlete and Remedial Massage); Myofascial Dry Needling; Ido Portal Method; DNS Certified Exercise Trainers (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization from Prague School); FMS level 1 and 2 (Functional Movement System); Wim Hof Method (breath and ice bath); FMA (Functional Muscle Acceleration – as strength trainer and mentor); and recently completed level 1, 2, and 3 of Ginastica Natural.
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Course Fee’s and Registration Instructions:
Early Bird course fee is $699 beforeJune 15, 2019
The course fee afterJune 15, 2019 is: $850
Student Fee: $600
*Space is limited for this highly interactive course*
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal Elivate Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 800-537-5512 to find out.