Make sure to remind your clients that looking good isn’t the only benefit of exercise.
Short-term benefits include:
- Healthy muscles, bones, and joints. Resistance training, such as weight lifting, improves muscular strength and endurance while increasing bone density, which is especially important for older adults to prevent falls and injuries.
- A healthier heart. Physical activity makes demands on your heart that make it stronger and better able to function.
- Increased burning of calories. Physical activity burns calories and helps you achieve a healthy balance between the calories you take in from food and those you expend.
- Exercise regularly to burn more calories, both during activity and at rest. Being fit may also lower your percentage of body fat and increase muscle strength and tone.
No matter your size or shape, physical activity has important health benefits. These may include:
- Improved ability to fall asleep and sleep well.
- Increased energy.
- Increased mental acuity and faster thinking.
- Better mental health and ability to cope with stress. People who are fit may have less anxiety and depression than people who aren’t active.4 Regular exercise is one of the best ways to manage stress.
Long-term benefits include reduced risk of:
- Developing coronary artery disease.
- Dying early.
- Developing high blood pressure. Regular physical activity can also lower blood pressure in those who have high blood pressure.
- Developing type 2 diabetes. Physical activity helps maintain body weight and may prevent type 2 diabetes through its effect on insulin—how the body processes sugar.
- Getting some cancers.
- Becoming obese.
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal Elivate Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 800-537-5512 to find out.