November 15–17, 2019
San Diego, California
The 3-day DNS Taping Integration Course is designed to introduce the concepts and principles of DNS as well as integrate taping/bracing strategies to facilitate and enhance assessment, treatment, training, and movement of the athlete.
Come and join us for this unique and innovative course designed to focus on application and interaction in order to elevate the learning process
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process, and functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
- Integrate Taping and Bracing techniques to facilitate of the deep stabilizing system of the spine enhancing rehabilitation, training, and performance.
10803 Vista Sorrento Parkway, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
Course Days and Times:
- Friday, 10 am–6 pm
- Saturday, 9 am–5 pm
- Sunday, 9 am–4 pm
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Michael Rintala, D.C. is in private practice in San Diego, California, specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation.
Dr. Rintala has been part of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour Sports Medicine Team since 2005. He is also a treating doctor for the World Surf League (WSL) and wide variety of other organizations ranging from Dance to Action Sports.
Dr. Rintala is an international instructor on Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) for the Prague School of Rehabilitation. He is a certified DNS Exercise Trainer and DNS Practitioner.
Dr. Rintala is also part of the USA Surfing Performance Committee helping Team USA prepare for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
Tim Brown, D.C.
Dr. Brown combines his own experience as a high-level athlete along with 30 years of working with elite athletes in a variety of competition settings. Because of the unique “field of play” challenges he experienced with professional beach volleyball and surfing, Dr. Brown created functional treatment systems with movement, taping, and bracing techniques that focus on improving posture, core control/movement recovery, and rehabilitation.
- Part of the USA Surfing Performance Committee helping Team USA prepare for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
- Founding Medical Director of AVP
- Medical Director Northern Hemisphere, ASP/WCT
- 1998 – American Chiropractor Association Council on Sports – Sports Chiropractor of the Year
Steve Capobianco, D.C.
Dr. Capobianco holds a B.A. and M.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Science in addition to a doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine. Steve is a practicing sports chiropractor, currently holding a Diplomate in Rehab from the ACA; in addition he is a Performance Enhancement Specialists from the NASM. He has spent 25 years competing in ice hockey, lacrosse, triathlons, adventure racing, and natural bodybuilding. Steve is the Medical Director for Rocktape, pioneering evidence-informed education development that challenges the status quo in movement learning. He authored the Fascial Movement Taping manual and lectures worldwide on the movement based taping technique.
He will deliver cutting edge information in regards to taping as an external coaching cue. How to enhance our human movement via cutaneous (skin) stimulation.
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Course Fee’s and Registration Instructions:
Early Bird course fee is $699 before June 15, 2019.
The course fee after June 15, 2019 is $850.
Student Fee: $600
*Space is Limited for this highly interactive course*
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal Elivate Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 800-537-5512 to find out.